Thursday, February 4, 2010

The Little Things



Have you ever noticed the little things in life? Ferris Bueller once said, "Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." Trust me, it's true. I took a trip to Santa Barbara over Thanksgiving Break, and saw my great-grandparents old house. I had never really thought about my great-grandparents, because I barely even knew my grandparents, but I learned so much in just one day. It was this one day out of the thousands that I have already lived, that gave me a new understanding and a new perspective on my history and my family. This flower was one hiding in the ravine next to my great-grandparents house and I found it when I was sitting on the stone path winding from the house through the ravine. It was alone, surrounded by buds, basking in the beautiful sunlight. It's just a flower, but it's vivid in color and the texture is apparent with tiny bugs crawling on the petals. That's not something you see or think about everyday. I find that the little things in life are what make life interesting. Look around and notice something new in something that you see everyday. Look at the moon on a clear night, you see the man in the moon, but look around the moon, it radiates bright light illuminating the sky. I bet you rarely pay attention to that. Open your eyes and see the world anew each day.

No comments: